The European Change Makers Academy (ECMA) is an Erasmus+ funded project that is coordinated by OBESSU in cooperation with AEGEE Europe, AEGEE Bamberg, AEGEE Budapest, AEGEE Tartu & AEGEE Zagreb as well as 5 other international project partners. The aim of the project is to empower young people to become make a change in their own community, fostering active participation on the local level as well as belonging to the European community. Read more here.
Join European Changemakers Academy!
❓ Have you always felt like you want to make a change in society, but you don’t know where to start?
❓ Do you want to play a more active role in society and mobilise others to amplify the impact, but you don’t know how?
❓ Would you like to learn about community organizing and mentoring?
👉 Then you are right for the European Change Makers Academy (ECMA)!
Creating a change, you want to see in the world is not something you can do in one fast move, but it is doable in a series of small planned steps. We don’t have all the answers on how to become the best Changemaker, but we know the steps and together with you, we will make certain that your work matters and there will be no compromise about it, you have our word! If this sounds like a cool idea, check out the call below and let’s start working.
What do we offer?
A training & mentoring programme via the Erasmus+ funded ECMA project including:
🧠 4 trainings (leadership, mentoring, lobbying, creativity)
👍 study visit to a social initiative in Estonia
💻 possibility to complete a online course on change making, community organizing & mentoring (MOOC)
👨👩👧👦 sharing experiences in an international community of changemakers
What will you learn?
- Leadership skills that can help you to anticipate changes in society and respond to them in a creative way
- How to motivate & mentor other people
- Skills to put your ideas about change into practice
- To develop an open eye and mind to find different solution to an existing problem
- To go outside your comfort zone & think out of the box
- How to deal with setbacks on your way & how to keep continuing your journey
- To connect with your community to bring change about on a local level without losing sight of the more global perspective
How long does the programme run?
The project ends in October 2021.
What profile are we looking for?
- You are motivated to change the status quo & you don’t want to do it alone
- You are between 18-30 years old
- You are motivated to put in practice the skills and competencies you gained throughout the project in your own organization and community
- You are able to communicate in English
How can you apply?
Just fill in this application form! Application deadline is March 29 2021.
In case of any questions, do not hesitate to contact AEGEE-Tartu (email@example.com).