The European Change Makers Academy (ECMA) is an Erasmus+ funded project that is coordinated by OBESSU in cooperation with AEGEE Europe, AEGEE Bamberg, AEGEE Budapest, AEGEE Tartu & AEGEE Zagreb as well as 5 other international project partners. The aim of the project is to empower young people to become make a change in their own community, fostering active participation on the local level as well as belonging to the European community. Read more here.
Become a Changemaker!
❓ Have you always felt like you want to make a change in society, but you don’t know where to start?
❓ Do you want to play a more active role in society and mobilise others to amplify the impact, but you don’t know how?
❓ Would you like to learn about community organizing and mentoring?
👉 Then you are right for the European Change Makers Academy (ECMA)!
Creating a change, you want to see in the world is not something you can do in one fast move, but it is doable in a series of small planned steps. We don’t have all the answers on how to become the best Changemaker, but we know the steps and together with you, we will make certain that your work matters and there will be no compromise about it, you have our word! If this sounds like a cool idea, check out the call below and let’s start working.
What do we offer?
A training & mentoring programme via the Erasmus+ funded ECMA project including:
💡 a comprehensive online course on change making, community organizing & mentoring
📘 guidelines for “Community Leaders”
👩🏫 1 International Training in Spain complementing the online course
🚂 3 International participatory events (incl. policy seminar & ideathon) in Belgium & Italy
🦸 a chance put into practice what you’ve learned & to mentor others
💻 national & international online meetings with your fellow Change Makers
🧐 1 study visit & 1 national event in cooperation with your local AEGEE antenna that bring together all the project members of your country
👨👩👧👦 120 new friends all over Europe
What will you learn?
- Leadership skills that can help you to anticipate changes in society and respond to them in a creative way
- How to motivate & mentor other people
- Skills to put your ideas about change into practice
- To develop an open eye and mind to find different solution to an existing problem
- To go outside your comfort zone & think out of the box
- How to deal with setbacks on your way & how to keep continuing your journey
- To connect with your community to bring change about on a local level without losing sight of the more global perspective
How long does the programme run?
1,5 years, from May 2020 - October 2021
What profile are we looking for?
- You are motivated to change the status quo & you don’t want to do it alone
- You are familiar with youth work, community organizing and mentoring, and you are ready to share your knowledge with others
- You are committed to engage throughout the whole process
- You are between 18-30 years old
- You are motivated to put in practice the skills and competencies you gained throughout the project in your own organization and community
- You are able to communicate in English
- You are willing to contribute to other ad-hoc tasks within the project
Check out our roadmap to find out more about this change making journey!
How can you apply?
We would like to ask you to fill in this application form. Suitable candidates will be selected based on their applications.
NB! As the risk of COVID-19 remains high, the first international events have been moved online.
In case of any questions, do not hesitate to contact Ingeliis Siimsen (email@example.com).